Learn how to draw NURBS and Bezier curves in Maya 2018. In this instructional video, George shows you how to use the three main types of curve creation tools in Maya. These are the CV Curve tool, the EP Curve tool, and the Bezier Curve tool. George shows you the benefits of each type of curve.
- Now as I've mentioned before,…the other way to create NURB surfaces is to use curves.…Now, before we start creating surfaces,…we need to first learn how to create curves.…So we can do this in a couple of ways.…First, we have a couple of surves here on our shelf,…but let's take a look at the Create Menu so we can…get a little more specific.…Now, in the Create Menu, we do ave two types of…curves under the NURBs Primitives,…and probably the most important one is the circle.…So if I select circle, and left-click and drag,…you can see I can create a circle.…
And if I right-click over this,…you can go into Control Vertex Mode,…and as you can see, we have all of our control vertices,…or CVs, and we can select these CVs and move them and…manipulate the shape and size of this curve.…Go back into Object Mode,…you can see that we've now reshaped this.…Now if we want to get a little bit more specific,…we can draw our curves from scratch.…And we can do this by going into the Create Menu and…going under Curve Tools.…
Now, I'm going to go ahead and tear this off so we can see it,…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Quad Draw, UV mapping complex objects, overrides in Render Setup, working with the Time Editor, and creating animation clips.
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.