Understand how to use the Loft tool to connect multiple curves together into a surface using Maya 2019. In this video, George takes multiple curves, then uses the Loft tool to create a surface that spans the underlying curves. George shows why selection order is important as well as how to manage detail in the surface.
- Another way to turn curves into surfaces is to use a loft.…Now a loft takes two or more curves…and then stretches the surface between them.…So let's create a simple loft.…Now I'm going to create a simple curve,…and I'm just going to go into NURBS primitives…and create a circle.…I'm going to drag that out,…and let's go ahead…and remodel this into a different shape.…So I'm going to right click over control vertex…and let's just move a few of these…control vertices to create a simple kidney shape.…
Now when we loft we are going to loft more than one curve,…so we need at least two or more curves.…So I'm going to go ahead and just copy this curve,…to create my loft.…So I can copy it by using duplicate,…so all I have to do is duplicate or control D.…And so I've already duplicated this curve,…and I can scale this up or scale it down.…Or if I want I can right click over it,…go into control vertex and reshape it.…And if I want I can copy that again.…
I'm going to hit control D,…duplicate that,…and maybe scale that up a little bit,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.