Become familiar and understand NURBS extrude tool in Maya 2017. In this how-to video, George demonstrates how to extrude a profile curve along a path curve in Maya. George shows the proper order for selection the underlying component curves, then how to align and manipulate the resulting NURBS surface.
- [Voiceover] One more way to create surfaces…from curves is to do an extrude.…Now an extrude requires two types of curves.…The first is the profile…so that's this circle here.…And then that profile is run along…another curve called a path.…And that would be this curve.…So when we do an extrude…we take this circle…and we run it along the curve to create a shape.…So when you do an extrude…you need to select them in the proper order…The path needs to be selected last…So I'm gonna go ahead and highlight my circle…which is my profile…And then shift select the path…so the path should be highlighted in green…to indicate that it's the last selected…Now I have to do is do our operation…Under surfaces we have extrude…and let's go ahead and take look at some of the options here…So we have a number of different options…one is a style of extrude…the position where we start and end our extrude…as well as whether we rotate or scale…I'm going to leave these at default…and then we'll go back in the attribute editor…to kinda see visually how these work…
It starts with the basics of selecting and manipulating objects and organizing scenes, as you learn the interface and explore Maya's features. Author George Maestri then takes you through polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and NURBS modeling. Once you understand modeling, George will show how to create and apply materials to surfaces—adding color, texture, and reflectivity. He'll then integrate cameras, lighting, and depth-of-field effects into the rendering process, using the built-in software renderer, mental ray, and the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, he'll show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal objects
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Projecting curves on surfaces
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Adding depth of field and motion blur
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Cartoon Character in Mayawith George Maestri3h 6m Intermediate
Rigging Mechanical Objects in Mayawith George Maestri1h 27m Intermediate
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. Sculpt Meshes
Sculpt a basic landscape4m 51s
8. NURBS Modeling Techniques
9. Refine NURBS Models
10. Create Materials
11. Apply Materials and Textures
12. Render in Maya
13. Animate in Maya
14. Render in Arnold
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.