Become familiar with ways to move and manipulate objects in Maya 2019. This instructional video shows how to move objects within Maya. George explains how to move things interactively as well as how to move objects precisely along the X, Y, and Z axis. He also shows how to move and manipulate multiple objects.
- [Instructor] Now let's start manipulating objects.…We're going to work with the move tool first.…If by chance you open this or any other exercise file…and find that the grid is not correctly scaled,…just go ahead over to display, grid, and select the options.…And we want to make sure that length and width are set to 12,…and grid lines every five.…Now, this is the default,…but just go ahead and hit apply and close,…and everything should reset.…
Now the move tool can be found here in the toolbox.…But before we go any further,…I want to explain some important hotkeys for Maya.…Now these are in the top left hand corner of the keyboard.…They are Q, W, E, and R.…Now when you press them, Q selects the selection tool,…which we've seen before.…W selects move.…
E selects rotate.…And R selects scale.…So, if you learn to position your hand…up on that top left corner of the keyboard,…you can do Q, W, E, and R very, very quickly,…and it's a great way to work in Maya,…it really allows you to move very quickly…in between move, rotate, scale, and select.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.