The new Light Editor in Maya allows artists to group lights and isolate subsets of lights so that only these lights take effect in the scene. In this video, George shows how to optimize workflow by providing a convenient interface to create and position lights and adjust lighting, shadow, and color attributes for multiple lights.
- [Voiceover] Let's finish up by taking a look…at some new lighting and rendering features.…We're going to start with the light editor.…Now, this is an interface that allows you to control…major light attributes.…So let's take a look at this.…We can find this in a couple of places.…Here, in the main part of the interface,…we can find it with all of the rendering buttons,…and then we can also go into windows,…rendering editors, light editor.…Now this brings up an editor…that shows you all the major lights in the scene.…
So if I hop out to a fore view…by hitting space bar,…you can see I've got multiple lights in this scene.…And when I select them in the scene,…it highlights them in the light editor.…So this is my window spot,…this is my fill spot,…overhead lights, and so on.…So I have a list of all of my lights…as well as most of the major attributes.…So I can take a light,…such as this window spot,…and select it by left clicking.…
If I want to, I can enable or disable that light.…I can isolate the light to show…just what that light is illuminating.…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.