Understand and become familiar with the Bevel tool in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates how to use the Maya Bevel tool on a polygonal model. He bevels an object, then uses the tool to add detail and modify the shape of the resulting geometry. He then shows how to add curvature.
- [Instructor] Another way to add detail…to your polygonal models, is to use extrude.…Now, extrude is typically used on faces,…but it can also be used on edges and vertices.…So let's take a look at how to extrude some faces,…and then we'll move onto edges and vertices.…Now here I have my model,…and as you can see I've added some extra detail here,…and let's go ahead and turn off the reference layer…so we can see this a little bit better.…
Now in this model,…we want this arm to be a little bit higher.…Now we can certainty do that by moving vertices…and inserting edge-luth,…but let's go ahead and use extrude to do that.…So we use extrude by selecting a component…and then extruding it.…So I'm going to right-click,…and this time we're going to go into face mode,…so I'm going to go ahead and select, or shift-select…all of these faces here,…so basically everything along…the top of the arm of that chair.…
And then under edit mesh,…we have an extrude command.…Now, the hot key for that is ctrl + E.…When we do that,…notice how it brings up this additional icon,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.