Understand and become familiar with the Bevel tool in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George demonstrates how to use the Maya Bevel tool on a polygonal model. He bevels n object, the uses the tool to add detail and modify the shape of the resulting geometry. He then shows how to add curvature.
- [Instructor] When we model objects,…there are many times when we'll have to smooth or round…edges, and probably the best tool for this is bevel.…So let's take a look at how this works.…Now I'm going to start simply,…so I'm going to go ahead and just select this chair,…and let's hide it by hitting control h.…Now I'm going to start with a simple polygonal cube.…So I'm going to select cube, and let's just go ahead…and drag out a very simple cube.…Now bevel works best on edges and faces,…so I'm going to start off with edges here.…
And I'm going to right click over this and go into edge mode,…and I'm going to select one, two, three edges.…So I'm going to leave this bottom one open.…And then we can find bevel under edit mesh, bevel.…Now the hotkey for this is control b,…which is a very handy one to know.…And let's go into our options…just so we can see what they are.…Now the options for this are the offset type,…now by default it's fractional,…which means the fraction of the adjacent edge,…or we can do absolute, which is a fixed distance.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.