Learn about methods used to create soft and realistic lighting in Arnold for Maya using area light. In this video, George shows how to create and adjust an area light within the Maya Arnold renderer.
- [Instructor] In addition to Maya lights,…we also can create lights that are Arnold-specific.…And we can find these under the Arnold menu,…under Arnold, lights.…And you'll see that we have a whole bunch of these.…We have physical sky, we have photometric lighting,…which is real world lighting.…We could turn meshes or objects into lights.…We also have what's called a sky dome,…which creates, basically, a light-based environment.…We're going to start off with the one at the top of the list…and that's called an area light.…
So I'm going to go ahead and create an area light.…And as you can see, it comes in a little bit small,…but we can move it out…and use our scale tool to scale it up.…Now when I have this selected, in the attribute editor,…you'll see that we have a number of common light attributes.…So let's go ahead and take a look at some of those.…So I'm going to go ahead and position my light in the scene.…And let's see what we get.…Now I'm going to just turn on use all lights,…I can hit the hotkey seven for that.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.