Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping as part of building a texture sheet for small tools, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video, I'll look at unwrapping these tools as part of a texture sheet. …The idea is that we've got a bunch of small things and rather than have a unique texture …for each one, which can eat up a lot of memory, we're going to make a texture sheet and stack UVs in. …We'll see this a lot in games, especially in things like props, where most of the props …may fit on one sheet and have simply sections of material rather than a unique unwrap for that tool. …As an example on my texture sheet, I might have a section of wood and that will work …for handles of things. …I'll have a section of dented blackened steel and another section may be a wrought iron …and this'll accommodate most of the things I need to do.…
I'll also add in a section of aluminum, as I'm going to make an aluminum ladder as part …of my props in later videos. …What I'll do to start out is go over to Photoshop and take my unwrapped checkers I've included …as part of this project and lay some colors over, giving me areas to unwrap in. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.