In this video I'll take both of my chairs and look at unwrapping their elements…and starting to lay them out on a text or sheet.…I have got some work to do in terms of unwrapping, and I also know that I'm going…to delete some of the objects, unwrap a single, and then clone them. Such as the…three rungs on the ladder at the back of this chair.…What I'll do is to strip this down a little bit.…I'll pick one of each piece that's symmetric and delete it, so I have got a clear…picture of all the parts I need to unwrap.…I know on this chair, the ladder back chair, that I'm going to mirror over the…legs, and I'll also be dealing with only one of those rungs.…
I only have one side, one front, and one back skirt, one stretcher, one of each…leg, the top, bottom, and seat.…On this chair then I am going to delete one of those legs.…The other parts are all fairly unique. Now I'll look at unwrapping methods.…This is going to get interesting as we are dealing in curved pieces.…I'll start with the straight ones and see how those work.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.