Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping and cloning, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll add some feed onto the ladder and also some caps on the top. …Then I'll unwrap this rung and get ready to clone it. …First, I'll work over the hard and soft edges on my sides here. …Because I've extruded in this face, I need to make sure that they're all hard so that …way it doesn't look bubbly or soft or odd or shimmery in a rendering. …I'll pick both sides, hold Shift and right-click, and choose Soften/Harden Edge > Harden Edge. …I press F8 twice, and that gets me back to the whole object. …I've already dealt with the hard and soft edges on the rung here, and now I'm going to …add in one foot and then unwrap it and clone it around.…
I'll press 4 for wireframe, hold Shift and right-click, and choose Poly Cube. …I'll press V for snap and snap that cube right in there, dragging down for the height. …In the poly cube I'm going to make it just a little bit bigger on the sides. …That way I get a little extra shadow line. …I'll make this Depth 3.250. …I'm going to leave the Width alone here and put the Height in at 1. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.