Understand and become familiar with the UV editor in Maya 2019. In this video, George gives an overview of the UV editor in Maya, which allows artist to precisely place images on a polygonal model. He shows how UVs can be selected in the interface and how these can be used for very precise image and texture placement.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at how to map things…more precisely in Maya using the UV Editor.…Now the UV Editor allows point by point control over texture…placement and it can be used in conjunction with the other…types of mapping, so you can project maps and then…tweak them in the UV Editor.…So let's do a really simple example here.…I've got a basic box here, so let's put a material on it…and apply a texture.…
So I'm going to just put a simple lambert material on this,…and if we go over to that lambert into the color channel…we will put a box texture.…Now I'm going to go into file here, and under…my file browser here I'm going to find one called wood box,…and as you can see this is a wooden crate,…and it's already unfolded,…so what I need to do is match the unfolding of my UV editing…to this.…So I'm going to go ahead and click open,…and as you can see, this maps to my surface…but it doesn't really map the way that we want…so we need to tweak this and we're going to use the…UV Editor to do this.…
Now we can find the UV Editor under "modeling" "UV".…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.