Understand and become familiar with the Channel Box panel in Maya 2019. In this instructional video, George gives a tour of the Channel Box, which allows for numerical placement and control of translation information in Maya. He shows how to reposition objects numerically as well as how to turn an text box into a slider with the middle mouse button.
- [Instructor] There will will be many times when…you'll need to move an position your objects very precisely.…You may have to type in numbers to align them…exactly the way that you want.…Now we can do this in what's called the Channel Box.…Now the Channel Box usually lives…on the right side of your screen.…So, here I have the Channel Box,…and usually you can access it by…pressing this tab here.…And if it's not available, you can also get to it…by pressing this button here.…
The Channel Box is this interface up here.…We also have the Layer Editor.…Now we're going to focus just on the Channel Box.…Now the Channel Box essentially just shows us…where the object is at in space.…So if I select, say this chair,…you can see all sorts of information about it.…So we have the name of the chair.…We have it's position in x, y, and z,…as well as rotation and scale.…We also have another variable here called visibility…which we can turn on or off.…
Now through the Channel Box, we can change all sorts…of information about this object.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.