Become familiar with the Channel Box panel in Maya 2018. In this instructional video, George gives you a tour of the Channel Box, which allows for numerical placement and control of translation information in Maya. He shows you how to repostion objects numerically as well as how to turn an text box into a slider with the middle mouse button.
- [Instructor] If we need to go deeper…into how our object is constructed,…we can use the Attribute Editor.…Now, this kind of works in concert with the Channel Box…and it exists in kind of the same area.…So, if we want to access the Attribute Editor,…often, you'll have a tab here,…and notice how this is double wide,…or we can press this button here to get into this.…Now, right now, my Attribute Editor is blank,…but if I select an object,…you'll see that the contents of this change…depending upon the object that we have selected.…
So, if I select, for example, this TV set,…you'll see that we have a whole bunch…of different tabs for this.…So, I have tabs for the TV set, its shape, how it's shaded.…Now, this TV set has a number of different colors,…and textures, and materials on it,…and those are all indicated by additional tabs.…So, this is, for example, the gray rubber on the dials…and this is a matte gray,…and some blue plastic for the body of that TV set.…
Now, if we scroll over here to the very top,…you'll see that we have some common nodes…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.