Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Camera Sequencer, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…One of my favorite features to be added…to Maya in recent years is the Camera Sequencer.…This is a really cool tool which actually acts like a full-blown video editor…built into Maya, which will allow you to create cuts-only edits of your animations.…And it's based upon the Tracks editor, so if you…ever used the Tracks Animation editor then the Camera Sequencer…will look familiar to you.…What I've got here is a simple animation…of these two characters doing a simple exchange here.…
The gentleman here hands the card over to the lady.…And she looks at it, and then responds to it.…And this isn't very interesting from a single camera angle.…But once we add a whole bunch of other cameras in…and cut them together in a sequence, it tells a story.…So you can see here, what I've got are in fact eight different…cameras from different points of view to get full coverage of the action.…And if we load them into this panel here we can see that we've…got close-ups, we've got a long shot, and we even got point of view shots.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.