In this video, George introduces Maya’s new Render Setup Window. Learn the location of key interface items and familiarize yourself with the general layout and organization of the Render Setup window. George gets users up to speed with a look at the concept of layers in the Render Setup Window.
- [Voiceover] Next, we're going to take a look at…Maya's Render Setup feature.…Now, this is a very important feature,…and we've actually created a whole…separate course on this feature.…So go ahead and take a look for that…if you want to dive into this deeper.…But we're going to take a brief overview of this tool…and hopefully, you'll be able to get the hang of it.…Now, Render Setup is basically just a…render layer manager.…Notice here in this version of Maya,…under Layers here, we only have…Display and Animation.…
Render Layers are gone.…They've been replaced by Render Setup.…So we can find Render Setup in one of two places:…here in the main interface,…or under Windows, Rendering Editors, Render Setup.…Now, when I go into this window,…it basically has two main areas.…The first one on the left here…is your Render Layers,…so this is where Render Layers have gone.…And then over here on the right…is a property editor that allows you to change…properties of objects in the layers.…
Let's take a look at how this works.…I'm going to close my Channel Box here…
- Finding the new features
- Using the Content Browser
- Working with symmetry and Mirror tool improvements
- Using the MASH networks
- Rigging a character with Quick Rig
- Animating with the Pose Editor
- Lighting with the Light Editor
- Rendering Render Setup layers
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Interface and Display
2. What's New in Modeling
3. Work with MASH
4. Animation and Rigging Tools
5. Lighting and Rendering Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.