Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the maps, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
I have got my gas pumps completed, and I am ready to bring them over into Unity to test …out and see how they look in the game engine. …I'm going to do some exporting, but before that I'll walk through a little bit of the …project structure in Unity so I can get these in the right place. …I've made a blank project here in Unity and imported in a lot of the standard assets I …think I'll need, such as player controllers, image effects, and so forth. …If you need help on this, refer to the exercises video where I detail the project structure …I am going to use. …What I'll do in here as the start of my import is to give myself a couple of folders, just …so I can stay organized.…
When we import things in Unity, it's actually whatever's in the Assets folder in our project structure. …What I'll do is right-click and choose Create > Folder. …I'm going to make a new folder in here called Textures, and I'll put my textures in there. …I'll also make another new folder in here called Scenes. …I am going to work in separate Unity scenes depending on where I am and what I'm doing. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.