Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Tearing nCloth, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
The final effect I'd like to share with you is tearing nCloth, and it's actually…quite easy to do; it's implemented through a constraint.…Here what I've got is a piece of heavy denim cloth, and it's got two transform…constraints of the corners, just to hold it in place.…I'll play that simulation, so you can see what is doing before the tearing.…I want to tear it straight down the middle, and so I'll select these vertices,…select the plane, right-click, and choose Vertex, and then select those…vertices down the center.…
And I want to go into the nContraint menu, and choose Tearable Surface.…So I'll rewind, and play that back, and you'll see it tears straight away on frame 1.…Once you apply that tearable constraint, it's going to permanently change the…topology of the output mesh, and you'll never be able to get it back to a state…in which it was a single mesh.…This has implications if you're using vertex level dynamic properties.…
In other words, if you're painting by vertex, then if you tear, it's going to…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.