Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video System requirements, part of Maya 2015 Essential Training.
Maya is a very robust package and it requires a pretty healthy system to run properly. Now, if you are just starting with Maya, make sure that you have a good graphics card as well as plenty of memory in your system. This will really help you to use Maya. Now, if you are using a Macintosh, be sure to get a three button mouse before starting in with Maya because that is very critical to using the interface.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Creating hierarchies and layers
- Creating polygonal objects
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Extruding a mesh
- Smoothing geometry
- Lofting and extruding with the NURBS curves tools
- Converting NURBS to polygons
- Creating and applying texture maps
- Applying UV mapping
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Creating realistic effects such as depth of field
- Batch rendering
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started in Maya 2015
2. Organizing Maya Scenes
3. Creating Polygonal Models
4. Editing Meshes
5. Refining Meshes
6. NURBS Modeling Techniques
7. Refining NURBS Models
8. Creating Materials
9. Applying Textures
10. Rendering in Maya
11. Animating in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.