In this video, I'll get my different maps in the right channels and get these objects ready for…exporting out to Game.…I have baked out a Normal Map and put it on the shutter, and we're seeing some of…the limitations of a Normal map.…There is just a limit to how tall things can look.…But as I slide the light back and forth using Viewport 2.0 with the High-Quality…Display, you can see my shutter in action. The lighting is definitely changing,…the specular map is working nicely, and I can see that shine changing on my objects.…If I switch over to High Quality, it still works.…
I'm seeing some aliasing, and it might be little more black in the shutters, but I like it.…It's definitely looking like a shutter, where before it was a flat box.…More importantly, we will perceive it as a shutter in game. It will look like…it's got that detail, and we really can't tell it doesn't have louvers until we…get very close to it, if we can.…I'll go over to Photoshop and just look at getting maps in the right place and…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.