- [Instructor] So welcome back.…How'd you do?…I hope your challenge went well.…I'm here in Maya in scene 02 07 start…to show you my solution to this particular challenge.…The first thing I did was take a look…at the general shape of the screw…and decided that I would go about…using the simple hard surface, simple work flow.…I then decided I would start with just a basic primitive.…In the end, this really is just a cylindrical shape.…So I started by creating a cylinder in my first step.…
I then scaled the screw to the correct height…and width ratio so that it would actually be…in the general size of the screw that we're modeling.…My second step, was to actually go through…and extrude the top part of the screw…to get the basic shape.…This was just a matter of coming in…and selecting the face loop around…and using the modeling tool kit, extrude,…and just using the local Z to pull that shape out.…
The next step was to go in…and to start to create the shape from the top head part…of the screw down into the screw teeth itself.…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.