Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Simulating many objects, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
nCloth is not just for cloth. You can do all kinds of interesting special…effects, such as this one with leaves blowing off of the tree.…So let's dive into it.…Here's a Maya scene that has a single Paint Effects tree in it.…I'll play that back for you,…and you'll see it's got some turbulence on it, so that it appears that it's…blowing in the wind,…but the leaves are not able to fall.…If you want to learn how to build Paint Effects trees, and other forms of Paint…Effects then you can look at some of our other titles on lynda.com.…
Specifically, I have got a title called Maya 2011:…Creating Natural Environments, and it goes into customizing Paint Effects…in pretty good detail.…But we need this to be a polygon object in order to turn it into nCloth.…I'll go ahead and select it, and go up to the Modify menu, and choose Convert, and…we're looking for Paint Effects to Polygons.…And now it's been converted into polygons.…Now we're ready to convert the leaves into nCloth.…I'll select the leaves, and see that that's a separate object now, and we can go…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.