Define shading properties for mist.
- [Voiceover] The aero simulation is cached out,…we can check in on that, go to the Outliner…and select bifrostAeroProperties1.…Open its attributes, and in the caching section…under Aero Cache and Solid Cache,…we should see it's enabled.…Close the attributes.…We'll go down to the end of the animation,…and wait for a moment for that to update,…it needs to load in the Olympic document…and it also needs to load in the Aero Cache.…Even though the Olympic file is on a hidden layer,…it still needs to be loaded into memory.…
It's not actually driving anything now,…and if you wanted to, you could…turn the reference off in the reference editor.…For now, all I want to do is turn off…these two visible layers.…There are a couple of render flags we need to set…before we do any test renders.…First, select the shape node, open up the bifrost Aero…and select Aero1, which is the shape node,…and go into its attributes, Ctrl+A.…Find that attribute page, AeroShape1.…And under render, set the render quality down to only 0.1.…
There's not going to be much diffuse shading on this object…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Particle and Fire Effects with Mayawith Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Creating Simulations in Maya Dynamicswith Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.