Join Eric Keller for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up utility nodes, part of Creating Textures and Shaders in Maya.
In this movie, I'm going to show you how you can use some of the utility nodes…to affect the shader networks that you apply to your surfaces.…So I have a teapot here.…I'm going to select this teapot, and just create a blinn material by clicking…on the Blinn Material in the Rendering shelf, just applies the Blinn material to the teapot.…Now I'll open up the Hypershade by going to Windows > Rendering Editors > Hypershade.…I'm going to right-click and choose Graph Materials on Selected.…Here is my blinn texture.…The Utilities nodes are down here under the Maya section.…
There is a whole bunch of them.…We can use them for a variety of effects.…I'm going to do just something fairly simple.…What I want to do is I'm going to use a Sampler Info node to change the way that…colors are applied to the surface of this object.…So I'll go back up to Maya 2D Texture nodes and I want to just create a ramp texture.…So I'll zoom out in the Hypershade, you can see the ramp and the samplerInfo…node and the blinn shader.…
- Understanding shading concepts
- Simulating the Fresnel effect for realistic reflections
- Rendering transparent and translucent surfaces
- Comparing mental ray and Maya standard shaders
- Introducing the mia_material
- Developing shader networks
- Using subsurface scattering shaders
- Mapping polygon UV coordinates
- Incorporating texture nodes into networks
- Improving skin detail with ambient occlusion
- Painting bump maps
- Creating normal and displacement maps
- Troubleshooting maps
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
Creating Natural Environments in Mayawith Aaron F. Ross4h 18m Intermediate
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Shading Concepts
2. Shading in mental ray
4. mental ray Texture Nodes
5. Creating Surface Details with Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.