In this video, I'll look at setting up a library of gas pump textures.…It's very possible that in a gas station we need to see multiple gas pumps at any given time.…If we've set up our PSDs correctly, it's very easy to make different textures,…and we can swap them in and out.…What I've done so far is updated this with my latest PSD, where I've got the rust…in bubbles and a light in there to test how it looks.…I'll grab this light and pull it around, and I can see that the shine changes…because I've put the rust in my specular map as well.…
I'll go over to Photoshop and look at setting up a library of gas pump…textures, starting with the raw diffuse map and later adding in variations and rust.…I've got opened my PSD, and I'll go look at the reference as well and see what…kind of variation I need.…When I pick the reference and zoom out, I can see a place for obvious variation.…These are two of the same model gas pumps,…but the left one is blue and the right one is red,…so it's an obvious place for a texture variation.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.