Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up ambient occlusion as a texture, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video. I'll show how to bake the occlusion, now that we have a good idea of what…occlusion looks like and the power it has to pop out details.…What I have done then is to take my low poly and unwrap it.…I'll press F3 to go to polygons and take a look in the editor.…My thought is I'd like to have two shutters, because there is a good chance I'm…going to see two or more in a scene, and this is the kind of prop we're going to…see in a lot of places.…It's not uncommon to see whole towns, villages or even just clusters of…houses all with shutters.…
So having a couple of shutters that match together but are slightly different is…a good idea as we can swap out colors if we need and reuse them.…I'll press Ctrl+H to hide this mesh, and now I have also tuned up this high poly.…What I have done as I spin around back so you can see is to delete all of the back faces.…What I'd like to do on this is hit it with a planar mapping, mapping all of this…into the size of that one big polygon.…This way when I project, it goes right into there, and the detail fits on.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.