Define Maya preferences for a Bifrost workflow.
- [Voiceover] In the exercise files for the course…I have a scene already laid out…and setup with the required preferences.…If you don't have access to that then you'll need…to set those up manually.…To do that in a blank scene we'll go into…the my preferences, windows,…settings preferences, preferences.…In the settings section check in on your working units.…We do want it to display linear…working units as centimeters.…
Now Bifrost assumes that a Maya system unit is a meter,…just like all other dynamic systems in Maya.…That means that to use Bifrost most effectively…you should build your scene at a one one hundredth scale.…Leave the linear working units at centimeters…but just imagine that the Maya units are in meters…and you'll build a one one hundredth scale model…that'll work fine with Bifrost.…It is possible to build Bifrost scenes at different scales.…
All you need to do is adjust the gravity magnitude…and the density in the Bifrost nodes.…In this course we will go with the default settings…and model our scene at one one hundredth scale.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.