Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting drawing overrides and hiding connectors, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…When you have several cameras in your view, it can…get a bit cluttered, and sometimes it's hard to tell which…camera is which, and additionally, in camera views we don't usually…want to see the other cameras because that's a bit distracting.…So I'll show you have to control those.…First, the object display colors.…That's done through something called a drawing overrides.…And we can do this for any object.…Just select the object, for example one of these cameras,…and go to the Attribute Editor, Ctrl+A.…And we can set the drawing overrides either in…the transform node, or in the object shape node.…
We want to set it in a shape node, and the reason…why is that, if the object is on a display layer and…you set a color for that display layer, then that will negate…any settings that you set for the drawing overrides in the transform node.…So if you want to have objects on display…layers and yet have them all be in different wire-frame colors,…then you need to set the drawing overrides in the shape node.…So with that shape node selected, you…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.