Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting display options, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…The Maya camera has additional display options…that can be helpful in framing a shot.…And these are accessed either through the…Panel Toolbar or through the Attribute Editor.…Let me zoom in once again on this panel toolbar so we can see it more clearly.…And what we have here are several options such as the Gate Mask.…We can turn that on and off.…And what that does is it turns on and off this masking…or, the darkening, of the area outside the frame lines.…
That's the Gate Mask.…We can turn that on and off.…We have a field chart, which shows us a grid that's overlayed.…That will help us in, for example, if we want to…do a camera animation, we want an object to remain at…the same position in the field of view, then we can…turn on the field chart, and that will help us to…sort of line things up. That's the field chart.…And then, additionally, we have the Safe action and Safe title areas.…And these are optional ways of just giving you an idea of, where…the cropping of the display might happen when it's actually projected.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.