Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting Nucleus Space Scale, part of Learning Maya nCloth 2012.
We've got our nCloth simulation working, but as you see, it's not looking correct.…It won't even really bend properly.…And at first blush, you might think that this is because maybe the dynamic…properties of the cloth are not set correctly, maybe it's got too much stiffness,…or something like that.…So you might be tempted to select that, and go into its attributes, Control+A, and…start playing around with these Dynamic Properties, changing the amount of…Rigidity, or the amount of Compression Resistance, or whatever.…
But if you were to do that, you'd actually be barking up the wrong tree, because…that's actually not the problem here.…The problem is that Nucleus expects me to build my scene at 1 to 100 scale, but…I've built my scene at 1 to 1 scale, and so currently, nucleus thinks that this…tablecloth is actually not 1 meter from side to side, but 100 meters from side to…side, and that's why it's not behaving correctly.…So, I'm going to rewind. I want to go to the nucleus node,…and there is a super important attribute that's kind of buried way down here at the bottom;…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding the nucleus solver
- Adopting a scale convention
- Adjusting nCloth and nRigid attributes
- Creating and animating nConstraints
- Editing nConstraint membership and influence
- Smoothing nCloth with subdivision surfaces
- Storing and manipulating simulation data with nCache
- Improving simulation quality and efficiency
- Dressing an animated character
- Painting dynamic attributes such as Stickiness
- Simulating many objects such as falling leaves
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Textures and Shaders in Mayawith Eric Keller3h 30m Intermediate
1. nCloth Basics
2. Simulating Dynamic nCloth
3. Directing nCloth
4. Optimizing Performance
5. Integrating nCloth with Animation
6. Simulating Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.