Learn about and understand how to select objects in Maya 2019. In this video, George takes a look at the selection tools in Maya. He shows how to select objects individually with the mouse, how to select multiple objects using the Shift key, and also how to deselect objects. He then shows how to use Box and Lasso Select as well as Soft Select on objects.
- In order to work with objects in Maya, you have to…select them.…So lets take a look at how to select objects.…We do it using the select tool.…So we can find that here in the interface, and if we…hover over it, you'll see that the hot key for that…is the letter q.…Now selecting can be simple as left clicking.…So if I left click on an object, it highlights and that…tells me it is selected.…If I want to deselect an object, all I have to do is…left click outside of any object.…
In other worlds, left click on nothing and that object…will deselect.…Another way to deselect an object is to select a different…object.…So if I select this chair and then go over and select this…couch, the chair will deselect.…Now if I wanted to select both of them, I can but I have…to use the shift key.…So I can select the chair, hold down the shift key and…select the couch, and now both of these are selected.…Now notice how the couch has a different color highlight…than the chair.…
And that's because the couch is the last object selected.…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.