In this video, learn how to use the various selection tools within Maya.
- [Instructor] Now let's start manipulating objects in Maya. … Before we can manipulate an object, we have to select it. … So let's take a look at how we select objects in Maya. … Now, you need to have the Select Tool activated. … And by default, … that's the tool that you should have activated. … If you don't, you can always hit the Q key … on the keyboard to activate it. … Now, once the Select Tool is activated, … all we have to do is left-click on any object, … and we can select it. … If I want to deselect an object, … I simply left-click on nothing. … Now, if I want to, I can also draw a box around the objects. … Now, I can draw the box completely … or just partially around the objects. … And if they fall within that box, they will select. … If I wanted to select these three, I'd draw a box like this. … And if I want to deselect, I can just left-click here. … Now, if you want to select multiple objects, … you can use the Shift key. … So I can select this object, hold down Shift, …
- Navigating 3D space
- Connecting objects through hierarchies
- Modeling geometry
- Sculpting in 3D
- Creating patch-based surfaces
- Creating and applying textures and materials
- Rendering 3D projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding 3D Space
2. Modeling and 3D Geometry
3. Patch-Based Surfaces
4. Textures and Materials
5. Rendering Images
6. Introduction to Blender
7. Introduction to Maya
8. Introduction to 3ds Max
9. Introduction to Cinema 4D
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.