Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotating in Gimbal mode, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…Let's look at the solutions to the problem that we saw…in the last movie, in which rotations go out of control.…I've created this simple camera tripod access here, so we can see the…local coordinates of the camera, so we can really understand what's going on here.…If I select that camera, and go to the rotate tool.…If I want to pan left to right then…I want to rotate around the Y-axis which is, this direction.…And you can see rotate y is updating.…I'll reset that to zero.…
If I want to tilt up and down that's going to be…rotating around the x-axis, and that's this manipulator handle here.…And you can see rotate X is updating now.…And finally of course, if we want to do a Dutch tilter candid angle then…we will rotate around Z, as you can see and rotate Z is changing.…So, if we do each of one those individually…then we don't really have any problem, as long as the other axis are set…to zero, but if we try to combine things, that's when it starts getting weird.…
So let's say I tilt up so I got kind of a low angle on these characters.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.