Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Ripple editing and stretching time, part of Cinematography: Maya.
…When trimming a shot in the sequencer, remember we don't want to create gaps.…And as we saw previously, we can always…use the Remove Shot Gaps command, but there's…also a mode called Ripple Edit also in the Edit menu here, and I've enabled that.…And when it's on, we will automatically heal up any gaps between shots.…For example, if I want to change the duration of shot number one,…I can click on its end out point here, and click and drag.…And you'll see as I shorten that shot, the other…shots ripple forward in order to take up the gap.…
If I extend it, likewise, same thing.…So that's very useful.…I want to point out that it doesn't work as expected,…however, if you trim the beginning point of a shot.…It'll actually cause time to move…backwards here.…So that's kind of problematic because now shot…number 1 is beginning at frame negative 32.…So when you use ripple mode, I would recommend that…you only edit the endpoints and not the start points.…Alright, move that back until it's back where it was.…
There's another cool thing you can do in…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Lighting and Rendering with mental raywith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.