In games, you want to reuse elements wherever possible, and what that means also…is reusing texture space and things you have already modeled.…We have got here what will be one complete chair and another round chair and then…a rectangular trestle table.…What I'd like to do is take this table and clone it, reuse most of it to make a…roundtable I can use in maybe either a similar restaurant, or may be an…entirely different building that's in the same style.…Those share a texture sheet, and with some careful modeling I can reuse most of the elements.…
What I'll do is I'll start out by taking my existing table, duplicating it by…pressing Ctrl+D, and moving the duplicate over to this side.…I'll hide the unselected objects, and then I'll go to work on the top.…I could probably take this and shape it and round that top, but I think what I'd…like to do is make a new top and boards. Off to this side here, I'll make a cylinder.…I'm going to say it's a pretty big table.…I'll give this Poly Cylinder a Radius of 30, and I'll let the Height be 2, so…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.