Rendering Interiors in Maya
Light has more qualities than you think: temperature, brightness, and diffusion, just to name three. When it comes to replicating it in the digital world, you need strong materials and lighting tools, and Maya offers both. Learn how to replicate three unique lighting setups in interior scenes, starting with direct daylight. After you produce the daylight renderings, Adam Crespi shows how to light the scene with interior lights suitable for night or dusk shots, and then use sky portals to create soft indirect light that blooms through the windows. He follows up with rendering specular, mask, and ambient occlusion passes, and then shows how to composite the renderings in both Adobe After Effects and The Foundry Nuke.
- Creating and applying materials with luster and shine
- Creating a mental ray Daylight system
- Casting light from interior fixtures
- Lighting with sky portals
- Creating an ambient occlusion rendering pass
- Fine-tuning Final Gather and lighting
- Compositing in Nuke and After Effects
- Adding depth of field, highlights, and glow
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Adam Crespi and welcome to Rending Interiors in AudoDesk Maya. In this course we'll look at how to light an interior scene in a variety of lighting rigs. I'll start by showing you how to create an apply realistic mental ray materials to the scene. Then I'll show you how to use the daylight system, interior lights, and sky portals to light the scene. We'll see how to create striking images using sophisticated lighting, compositing and post effects. We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques.
Not let's get started with Rendering Interiors in AutoDesk Maya.
Up and Running with Acrobat Reader DC20,777 Views
FileMaker 13 New Features95,038 Views
Photoshop CS4: Selections in Depth332,715 Views
Music Taxes and Accounting12,026 Views
Sony Vegas Production Workflow37,608 Views
Deke's Techniques1,563,467 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training646,805 Views
Maya 2016 Essential Training640,728 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,629,103 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,271,059 Views