Rendering Exteriors in Maya
Learn how to render the exterior of a building with both day and night lighting rigs. Author Adam Crespi guides you through the process of applying exterior materials like wood, metal, and glass; rendering the scene in daylight with the Daylight system and photographic exposure controls; and adjusting the lighting for dusk and nighttime shots, including turning on lights inside and outside the house. Finally, Adam takes the image into post, demonstrating workflows to add final polish with Nuke and After Effects.
- Creating exterior materials
- Converting paint effects for mental ray
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Adjusting and optimizing the render settings
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Adam Crespi, and welcome to Rendering Exteriors in Autodesk Maya. In this course, we'll look at rendering an exterior of a building in both day and night lighting rigs. I'll start by showing you how to get materials on the building, using your mental ray shaders for optimal results. Then I'll show you how to create the mental ray daylight system, and link in a photographic exposure for camera controls. We'll see how to create a night lighting rig, turning on the outside and inside lights. Finally, we'll take our images into post, showing the workflow in both the Foundry Nuke and Adobe Aftereffects for some final polish on the imagery.
We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started with Rendering Exteriors in Autodesk Maya.
FileMaker Pro 8.5 Essential Training124,071 Views
InDesign CS4 New Features172,077 Views
Designing a Magazine Cover247,009 Views
Painter 2016 Essential Training51,187 Views
Photoshop Insider Training: Optimizing Photoshop's Performance51,583 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,144 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,256 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,213 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views