- View Offline
- Creating exterior materials
- Converting paint effects for mental ray
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Adjusting and optimizing the render settings
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Adam Crespi, and welcome to Rendering Exteriors in Autodesk Maya. In this course, we'll look at rendering an exterior of a building in both day and night lighting rigs. I'll start by showing you how to get materials on the building, using your mental ray shaders for optimal results. Then I'll show you how to create the mental ray daylight system, and link in a photographic exposure for camera controls. We'll see how to create a night lighting rig, turning on the outside and inside lights. Finally, we'll take our images into post, showing the workflow in both the Foundry Nuke and Adobe Aftereffects for some final polish on the imagery.
We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now let's get started with Rendering Exteriors in Autodesk Maya.