Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the silhouette, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
I'm ready to start getting in some of the additional details that really get…the silhouette going.…The ladder in the back is a key one, as that's a real signature piece here and…really shows up in the silhouette when we look through the chair.…I have got that key arch in the top and the legs are in place.…I have tapered them down, and I'm also ready for the skirts here.…This is one of those things that seems fairly obvious, but I have seen people miss it.…In furniture like this, it's very difficult to join a flat top to a leg. And so…what we need to do is actually join the legs to a skirt that goes between them…and join the top to the skirt, that way those connections are easier to make.…
To make those I'll go into a Side View, and I'll use my Snap Tools to get that in place.…I'll hold Shift and right-click and choose Poly Cube.…In this case, so I can see it clearly, I'll turn on the Wireframe on Shaded.…I'll snap this cube in, pressing V for Snap and clicking on a vertex and…snapping up to an opposite.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.