Discover how to load an animated mesh with vertex data channels.
- [Voiceover] After caching out a very heavy Alembic file,…I recommend that you restart your computer…just to flush out all memory and virtual memory…Here we have the end result of that calculation.…I have an Alembic cache that is 49 gigabytes in size.…I also have a Bifrost cache,…which was about 15 gigabytes in size.…These files are too large…for me to provide with the exercise files.…If you don't have the time to wait overnight…for these to calculate,…you can always just run part of the simulation…so you can get a sense of the Bifrost workflow.…
Let's jump back into Maya now and import that Alembic mesh.…We don't need the Bifrost simulation anymore.…We can now disable that completely.…Go into the Outliner, Windows Outliner.…And near the bottom of the Outliner,…select the bifrostLiquid1 node,…which is, of course, the global domain solver.…And in the channel box, scroll down into the shape nodes,…find the Enable attribute and set it to zero,…and press Enter.…
And now Bifrost is turned off.…That entire container…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Particle and Fire Effects (2011)with Aaron F. Ross3h 46m Intermediate
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.