Learn how to apply a directional force to a liquid.
- [Voiceover] We want our fluid to push through the doorway…and into the room here.…Currently, if I press play, we'll see…that the fluid is simply falling under gravity.…We can imply a lateral velocity here,…using an accelerator node.…I'll press stop, rewind,…and we just need to have some polygon object…to act as the accelerator.…It's perfectly okay to use the same object…that is currently our emitter.…And that is the emitter doorway mesh.…Simply select that object,…and then also select the domain solver container.…
That's the top level container here,…Bifrost liquid one.…Hold down control, and click on that,…then go into the Bifrost menus,…you'll see there's an add section,…we want to add an accelerator, click on that.…Now, there is an accelerator props node…listed here in the outliner.…Select it, and open the attribute editor, control-A.…Because the geometry is flat and planar and has no volume,…Once again, we need to change the conversion type to shell.…
Down below that, we have the acceleration attributes.…And under geometry influence,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Understanding Bifröst
- Analyzing the node structure
- Emitting from a polygon mesh
- Colliding with objects
- Pushing and damping fluid motion with accelerators
- Caching Bifröst simulations
- Meshing liquid and exporting to Alembic
- Shading with the Bifröst liquid material
- Designing mental ray materials
- Layering shaders with Bifröst channel data
- Adding mist with an Aero simulation
- Texturing an Aero material
Skill Level Advanced
Maya: Creating Fluid Effects (2013)with Aaron F. Ross2h 16m Intermediate
Maya Dynamics: Creating Simulations (2012)with Aaron F. Ross2h 11m Intermediate
1. Simulating a Liquid
2. Tuning and Storing a Simulation
3. Shading a Liquid
4. Using Bifröst Aero
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.