Become familiar with the processes involved in projecting 2D bitmap images onto NURBS surfaces. In this instructional video, George takes a NURBS surface and uses the projection tools in Maya to accurately apply the map to the surface. He then shows you how to adjust and refine the placement of the map that has been applied.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick look at how to apply…textures to a NURBS surface.…Texturing a NURBS surface is fairly straightforward.…What Maya does is it maps the rectangular image,…such as a bitmap from the X and Y coordinates of the bitmap…to the U and V coordinates of the rectangular patch.…So here I have a simple NURBS patch.…And let's go ahead and just create a material,…and apply a texture.…So I'm just going to go into my rendering tab,…and select a lambert material,…and go over to that lambert tab.…
And in color, I'm going to select an image.…So then I'm going to go into file…and then the image itself,…let's just use Art_01.jpg and when we do,…it brings this up and it maps it one to one…from X and Y of the image to the patch itself.…Now if we want to modify this…we can go into the place 2D texture node.…Now, we've looked at this before,…but this is really important for NURBS base patches…because this is really the command central…for how you map to NURBS.…
Now, we have a number of attributes here.…We can rotate that frame, we can change the coverage,…
First explore the basics of the Maya interface, including selecting and manipulating objects, organizing scenes, and customizing the interface. Next, learn about polygonal modeling, creating and refining meshes, sculpting, and working with NURBS surfaces. Once you understand modeling, discover how to create and apply materials—adding color, texture, and reflectivity to your creations. Then integrate cameras, lighting, and effects into the rendering process, and leverage the new Arnold for Maya renderer. Last but not least, instructor show how to add movement and life to your work with Maya's animation tools.
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.