In this video I'll look at exporting from Maya across to Mudbox, and I'll look…at a couple of ways to do this.…It depends on the object that we are dealing with and the qualities we want to come across.…I've modeled in a Concrete, or Jersey Barrier, like we see alongside the freeways.…These are very common and exist by the thousands in the landscape.…It's a great object to have in a game as we can use these as a fence.…If we're dealing in vehicles we can redirect the player, herding them along the…path we want them to go.…This one is low poly, as we can see in the Heads-Up Display I've got 14 faces or…28 tris, it's about as low as we can get, and I've left the bottom in case we…need to tip these over. I've unwrapped this.…
I'll checkout what the UV Editor looks like, and as you can see I've got one…large shell, this is the top right here and the sides splay out around it.…There is the bottom, so when I paint I've got one seam down here at a logical…corner where the side and the bottom meet.…The ends are off to the side, and I've scaled things as big as I can.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.