In Unity, bringing things in is easy. All we need to is FBX out a file--…exporting from Maya as an FBX--and then into Unity's Assets folder.…I've already done that with the gas station, and here's my export of the gas pumps, 02_15_export.…Because I've already used this in a previous scene, it's already set correctly.…Colliders are generated and the scale factor is at 1.…We can mix between scenes in this way. I've actually got this set up in the…02_15 scene I used to test.…I'll take this and drag it across into my hierarchy.…
The reason to do this is so that things come in where you intended them.…There's my gas pump, and it's in the middle of the building at 00.…Now I'll pull it out, and click on the red X axis.…The gas pump is floating off the ground. I can either place it on an island or…even lean it up against the building.…I'll rotate it by pressing E and grabbing the Y axis and rotating over.…I'll go into the Rotation and put in -90, that way it aligns up with the island.…I'll press W to Move and V to Snap.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.