Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Playblasting a sequence, part of Cinematography in Maya.
…When you're ready to output your sequence to a play blast.…Remember you can do it in two ways, wither through the camera sequencer…play blast menu, or through the main Maya window menu under Play Blast.…And again, the difference is that if you do it through the camera sequencer then…what you see in the sequence will always be what you get in your play blast.…Because if you do it through here it will respect…the difference between animation source time and the sequence edit time.…
They don't have to match exactly and will come out fine.…However if you play blast through this menu you won't see…the resolution gate so you won't know what your framing is.…If you render through the standard Maya window…play blast, then you will get the resolution gate,…but the restriction is that you have to…have source time and edit time exactly match.…And you'll need to create an über cam if you want the entire shot.…So those are the limitations that you are working with.…
I've got an uber cam here that we made in the previous movie.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Getting the most out of viewport cameras
- Controlling camera attributes such as clipping planes
- Setting display options such as Resolution Gate
- Adjusting focal length and field of view
- Previz editing with the Camera Sequencer
- Setting rotation order for predictable camera animation
- Animating simple camera moves such as pan and dolly
- Mastering compound moves such as crane and handheld shots
- Understanding the Film Back attributes
- Achieving isometric and tilt-shift effects
- Projecting a texture from a camera
- Rendering depth-of-field and rack-focus effects
Skill Level Beginner
Lighting and Rendering with mental ray in Mayawith Eric Keller4h 56m Intermediate
1. Viewport Camera Basics
2. Renderable Camera Basics
3. PreVIZ Editing with the Camera Sequencer
4. Simple Camera Movement
5. Compound Camera Movement
6. Special Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.