Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning the modeling of a table, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll look at modeling a table to go with my chairs.…I have picked out a couple of different table references.…This is more of a farmhouse table with trestle legs and exposed rivets.…In this case, we have got smaller cafe tables, and we may need a mixture of both in…our scene, depending on how much we're going to see.…I'm going to start out with the farmhouse table, and maybe it will be tipped on its side.…What I need to look at a table like this is it's fairly high up, we're still…going to be at least a meter above it and looking down.…So there's a good chance we're only going to see part of it at the time.…
In this case, the photo is actually shot lower than standing height, and we can…tell by the height of the chairs relative to the midpoint of the view.…The big deal in a table like this is also to assess the form and the key design details.…As with anything, we need to look at how it's made in real life.…The real world will scream at you how to make the virtual, if you're willing to listen.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.