Now that I've decided to model some high poly elements, I need to look at the UV space.…I'll select my table and see what I've got.…I'll press F3 to go back to the Polygons menu, and choose Edit UVs > UV Texture Editor.…There is my UVs, and as I intended, they are all stacked.…It's working perfectly for what I wanted to do in terms of just the color map.…However, for the normal map, it's a little on the messy side, and especially if…I going to sculpt unique boards. I need to pay some attention to this.…By turning off the image, and shading the polygons, I can see that a lot of them…are very thoroughly stacked.…
What I'll need to do is start to take different pieces and break them out.…What we can see a lot of times is that there is different materials applied to…different objects which share some common maps.…When I pick one board as an example, or even two, we can see that they share only…some space, there is just an overlap here on the in so those are actually okay.…What I may end up with is a normal map that's specific to the top of the table,…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.