In this video I'll look at getting the start of the clean texture on my object. …I've got my sledgehammer, pry bar, and ladder modeled, and they are unwrapped. …I've started out using quadrants in the texture sheet. …In this way, I hope to have repeating textures, piling pieces that I can simply stack more …and more UVs over to make them look like the commonplace objects they are. …I'll go over to Photoshop and start getting in a raw texture. …I've opened up the latest version of my checkers with their overly. …I'm going to use the green on the right for the ladder, and what I need here is one 16-inch section, …because that's how I cloned those rungs, every 16 inches. So as long as I can get this to …be 16 inches tall in the mapping and have one space in here for a hole, I'll be in good shape.…
What I'll start out with is pressing W for Wand and on my overlay layer, magic wanding that green. …When I tend to do with my wand, unless I need otherwise, is to leave Contiguous on an Anti-alias off. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.