Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
One of the great things about working in Mudbox in a digital sculpting workflow…is not only can we sculpt but we can paint, and we can sculpt and paint and…mix, adding some color and then pushing around the geometry under it.…I have taken my barrier, and I have sculpted out more detail.…Now, I am going to paint it and be able to get a texture map out of here as well.…I'll go under the Paint tools, and over into my painting…I'm ready for a Paint layer.…Either by clicking on a Paint Brush or making a new paint layer, I can decide…what I'm painting here.…
I'll click on the Paint Brush and click once in the scene.…What it does is gives me the option of a paint layer, a name, a size, a format,…and what channel it goes in. I'll call this one Concrete.…This will be my base concrete layer. I'm going to paint it fairly big.…I can always reduce down later.…So, I let it run at 2048, saving as a TIFF, and it's going to go in the Diffuse channel.…I'll click OK and then click on my colors. It's going to take a minute.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.