In this video, I'll look at starting to add some rust and wear to my tools. …What I've done here is to take those elements of the pry bar that need to be shiny on the …end, selected their faces, and split their UVs off. Then I have moved them over. And we …can see here in the UV Texture Editor that they're actually lapping over. …What this gives me is shiny ends on a dark pry bar. …I can always pull these back and forth if I need, maybe making some rusty and maybe …leaving one end shiny. …I've taken the wedge faces here and put them all on the shiny side.…
This way it's shiny where we expect it to be. …I'll go over to Photoshop and look at some techniques for painting things like rust and wear. …I've got the latest version of my PSD up, and I'm going to look at my reference and see …what I need to do to get rust from my wrought iron. …This sledgehammer is probably not a great indication, as it's covered in paint and other things. …This pry bar is a little better, although it's still fairly clean. …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.