With my two gas pumps in place, I'm going to add a little bit of dirt and rust variation. …I've made it easy to do in the way that I've set up my textures. …Working with the layer sets and working in lots of layers within them allows me to do …easy changes and get different rust going. …I can see in here, aside from the blue, where I may want to make a change, because I've …got the same dip in the white with the rust right here and the same bubbles right on that white panel. …One of the things we'll see a lot of times in games is there we're going to swap out …different parts of a diffuse texture, layering pieces over.…
In this case, I've got the rust and the paint coming into one layer set. …What we might see are instead, clean gas pump textures that are red and blue, and over them …gets laid as a decal a different rust. …There's different ways we can do this in Unity or other game engines, but the idea of keeping …the layers separate in Photoshop so that we can see it in Maya, alter it, and put out …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.